When it comes to looking simple and sophisticated, the gorgeous Gwyneth Paltrow’s got it sussed and her red carpet beauty look at the Oscars didn’t fail to disappoint with it’s striking simplicity.
Out of all the amazing looks that came down the red carpet, Gwenyth’s minimal ponytail is definitely the style that we wanted to recreate ourselves, which why we asked her stylist on the night, Adir Abergel to share his sleek ponytail secrets with these simple steps:
1. Begin by applying straightening balm from the roots to the ends of damp hair
2. Create a strong side part using a comb.
3. Use hair straighteners to iron your hair until it’s completely smooth.
4. Apply glossing cream or serum from the roots to the ends to give your locks shine and a mirror finish.
5. Pull your hair back as though you were tying a low pony-tail at the nape of the neck.
6. Using two elastic bands, tie your hair below the nape of the neck, allowing the elastics to show to give your hair a raw edge and finish.
7. Secure any fly aways by finishing with a spritz of light hair spray
Try getting the look with these Oscar worthy hair helpers: