NATIONAL KISSING DAY
Today is #nationalkissingday and to celebrate we’ve been pampering our lips as we get set to air-kiss, peck and smooch our way through to the weekend!
Planning on puckering-up yourself? Try dressing your pout this national kissing day with our pick of our favourite snog-tastic lipstick shades from Barry M, £4.10 each, and get inspired with these fun and interesting kiss inspired facts:
1. Kissing puts 29 facial muscles in motion. In other words, kissing can be used as an effective exercise to prevent the development of wrinkles.
2. Lips are an average 200 times more sensitive than fingers.
3. An average person spends 20,160 minutes (two weeks) of their life kissing.
4. A kiss that lasts one minute can relieve your body of 26 calories.
5. Like fingerprints or snowflakes, no two lip impressions are alike
6. Kissing releases the same neurotransmitters in our brains as parachuting, bungee jumping, and running.
7. The average woman kisses 29 men before she gets married.
8. In a lifetime we can expect to receive some 25,000 kisses, ranging from pecks on the cheek to the full-blown weak-at-the-knees variety.